Vintage Sivas Kilim
Sivas Dowry Kilim - Central Turkey
- Size:1.84m x 1.13m ( 6ft x 3ft 8in )
- 100% pure wool
- This rug hasexcellent highly saturated dyes and prayer design.
- 100% handmade
- Condition : excellent . Professionally washed and ready for use
- Free International Shipping and Insurance
- The central Anatolian region of Sivas is inhabitated by Turkish and Kurdish people.Sivas was an important weaving centre in the 19thC where Turkish and Armenian weavers produced adaptations of persian and ottoman designs in various workshops and cottage industry centred in surrounding villages.This particular rkilim would have been woven by nomads in and around the Sivas area Colours of Sivas rugs and kilims are easily distinguishable with a mixture of pale and vibrant yellows and oranges highlighted with cooler tones.The wool is lustrous and finely spun.
- All our store items are handmade.Our vintage pieces are all preloved and due to the age and/or handmade nature of these items, minor signs of patination, fading, wear, or slightly unsymmetrical lines may be present.These are not considered flaws, they are part of their unique nature and why we love using them in our homes as they add both character and charm