Vintage Sivas 3 medallion Rug
Antique Sivas Dowry Carpet - Central Turkey
- Age:-70- 80 yrs
- Size 1.81 x 1.04m
- 100% pure wool Natural dyes- This rug has a beautiful variance of dye lots and tones.
- 100% handmade
- Condition : excellent . Professionally washed and ready for use .
- Free International Shipping and Insurance
- This magnificent one-of-a-kind 3 medallion carpet was woven as aprt of a young womens marriage dowry mand has a v luscious pile so that it can be used in a very high foot trafic area. It is in excellent condition throughout.
- The central Anatolian region of Sivas is inhabitated by Turkish and Kurdish people.Sivas was an important weaving centre in the 19thC where Turkish and Armenian weavers produced adaptations of persian and ottoman designs in various workshops and cottage industry centred in surrounding villages.This particular rug would have been woven by nomads in and around the Sivas area Colours of Sivas rugs are easily distinguishable with a mixture of pale and vibrant yellows and oranges highlighted with cooler tones.The wool is lustrous and finely spun.Ottoman and Persian design carpets of this style are no longer being woven in this region and therefore have become collectable on today's markets