Nomadic Grain Sack
Vintage Malatya Kurd Grain Sack
( we call this 'Cuval' / Turkey
- Size :1.06 x .60 m
- Age 60-70 yrs
- 100% handmade
- Pure handspun wool
- Condition: Excellent - with beautiful original binding and embellishments
- This item has been washed and is ready to use .
- Free International Shipping and insurance
- This beautiful nomadic grain sack is in original condition and would be a highlight in any room as a floor piece or a wall hanging .It was originally woven by nomadic Kurds as a beautiful bag for grain storage( Cuval )
- The eastern Turkish Kurds as a group include many kilim and cicim weavings from surrounding areas and also include examples woven by nomads for a young womans marriage dowry.Utilitarian weavings were surpringly sophisticated in skill and colour quality.
- All our store items are handmade.Our vintage pieces are all preloved and due to the age and/or handmade nature of these items, minor signs of patination,fading, wear, or slightly unsymmetrical lines may be present.These are not considered flaws,they are part of their unique nature and why we love using them in our homes as they add both character and charm